Whether you’re trying to get something healthy into your kids’ bellies before they dash out the door to catch the school bus, or you’re attempting to feed your baby/pack his bag for daycare/take a conference call/flat-iron your hair all at the same time, one thing is certain: if you’re a mom, you need a few super-quick, healthy breakfast ideas in your back pocket.
If a bowl of oatmeal is your go-to breakfast, you’ll enjoy this warm porridge made from buckwheat—a gluten-free, grain-like seed that has a nutty flavor and a soft, chewy texture when cooked. Like oatmeal, buckwheat is high in fiber and protein, and low in fat and cholesterol. In this recipe, it’s simmered in coconut water, then topped with coconut, cranberry and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Good morning to you!
If you’ve got some extra brown rice leftover from last night’s stir-fry dinner, today’s breakfast is going to be a breeze! Stir in a scoop of almond butter, some applesauce, a pinch of cinnamon and a few other simple ingredients for a delightful, belly-warming bowl of porridge. Top with fresh berries for added antioxidants and sweetness.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.