Q: I’ve been working out for approximately 11 weeks now. (I dance to fast and moderately fast-paced music, as well as lift weights.) It takes a lot for me to sweat, and because of this I retain a lot of water. I don’t even sweat in the 90+ heat in South Florida. Is there anything I can do to be able to sweat more? I have tried diuretic pills. No success. Read more →
Tagged: pro triathlete
Q: Why do I feel so sluggish during the summer when I should be at peak performance?
Amy Marsh answers
A: The simple answer is the heat. Even though you have the heart of an athlete, you’re susceptible to an increased heart rate in warmer weather. Don’t over-think or over-analyze a bad workout. Instead, understand the science behind it so you can adjust accordingly. There’s a perfectly good explanation…and solution.
Q: What are some of your top travel essentials to take on summer vacation?
Amy Marsh answers
A: Summer is in full swing, which means many of us are gearing up for travel. Besides essential clothing and toiletries, there are some things you should never leave home without — whether you’re planning a relaxing week at the beach or an active, sightseeing adventure. Here are a few of my carry-on must-haves for any vacation. Read more →
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.