Beach and seashore weather may be gone, but this time of the year brings its own special kind of healthy pleasures. I’m talking about apples. Dozens of varieties are available at supermarkets and, if you’re lucky, at nearby orchards. Apples are rich in a substance called quercetin – an antioxidant flavonol (part of the flavonoid family) — which is associated with a number of health benefits.*
Q: I was reading the label of a popular energy drink and noticed it contained quercetin. What can you tell me about this compound?
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Jamie on Paleo Diet Primer: Is It Right for You?
Love shopping? Hop to it.