I will never forget the look on my oldest child’s face when he walked into the hospital room and saw me holding his baby sister for the first time. It was a look of pure betrayal—“Oh, so this is how it’s going to be, now?” Until that fateful day, after all, Jacob had had more than two and a half years of my undivided attention.
So I have a one year-old who only says one word: “gooooo!” I have no idea what that means, but he says it and points at things that interest him, so I guess it’s his all-purpose word for “car,” “ball,” “sister,” and “cottage cheese.”
People ask me all the time whether he’s talking yet, and I am always thrilled to report, “Nope!”
Expressive speech delay? Bring it on. I have two other children, ages 6 and almost-9, who never shut up. I mean never.
A few snippets of recent chatter:
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.