When you make a meal in a slow cooker, you can “prep and forget,” going about your day while it takes care of the cooking. Another advantage is that you’ll probably have leftovers, giving you a quick lunch or a dinner for another day. This Beans & Greens recipe is not only hearty and nutritious, it freezes well. Why not make a batch, pack it up and relax knowing you’ve got a healthy meal ready to go when you need it?
Tagged: slow cooker
We’re having record high temperatures in my home state of Texas. The heat seems to bring out my creativity as I’ve devised a number of ways to avoid using my oven. My slow cooker is often used in the winter-time for soups and savory dishes, but I’ve discovered that it’s also perfect for the summer months as well.
This easy Slow Cooker Cobbler is the perfect way to avoid using your oven on a hot summer day. The recipe retains all of the fruity flavors of an old-fashioned baked cobbler without using as much heat. If you’re grilling outside, this dessert can be slowly cooking inside and cooling while dinner is served. It’s the perfect way to use summer fruits, but can be prepared all year long. Slow cook your way through the rest of the summer and keep cool!
Slow Cooker Cobbler Read more →
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.