The worst of winter is over (knock on wood!), which means you can finally ditch the wooly coat and push those black, burgundy and dark gray duds to the back of your closet. But your wardrobe isn’t all that needs refreshing with the upcoming change of seasons. It’s time to switch up your skincare routine now that spring is here!
Tagged: The Beauty Boss
Life is full of surprises. Just when you think you’ve got it together, something (or someone) comes along and turns it all upside down. Well today, ladies, I’m that someone. I’m going to point out a few mistakes many of us make in our daily beauty routines—and show you how to fix them.
You know that non-clumping mascara you love? That irresistibly tingly lip gloss? The puffy under-eye circle cream? They all have one thing in common: chemicals. All those dazzling effects come at a high price (and I’m not talking about sticker tags, here).
In order for many beauty products to work their magic, manufacturers add substances such as sulfates (which make extra-bubbly body washes), phthalates (for less-stiff hairspray), lead (to make lipstick “pearly”), parabens (to keep bacteria at bay) and fragrances (which may be concocted from a shocking number of chemicals, expertly blended to make you smell just like a fresh-picked flower).
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Perfect Holiday Gift: DIY Whipped Body Butter | Dianna Donnely on Perfect Holiday Gift: DIY Whipped Body Butter
- Marta on Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
- marleen davis on Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
- Katie @ Vitacost on New to Essential Oils? Here’s How to Get Started
- Jeanne M. Carrigan on New to Essential Oils? Here’s How to Get Started
Love shopping? Hop to it.