Have just one sweet potato left in your pantry? This recipe is an easy way to put it to good use! Cube and sauté your lonely spud with some celery and onion, then simmer in vegetable broth before blending smooth. Almost as easy as opening a can—and you get to spoon up fresh flavor and whole food nutrition with every bite!
Tagged: vegetable broth
Ordinarily bland, broccoli soup gets a spicy makeover in this quick-to-make recipe. A pinch of chili powder and a dash of hot sauce add just enough heat to wake your taste buds. Serve with crusty whole-grain or gluten-free bread for a filling, fiery lunch.
With winter on its way out, now is your last chance to savor this season’s star produce in its freshest form. Butternut squash—technically a fruit, but often thought of a vegetable—is at its peak from fall to late winter. Cube and simmer it in broth with spices and onion, then blend smooth in your food processor for a flavorful and nutritious soup.
Sweet corn may not be in season, but you can still enjoy its fresh flavor with this creamy soup made from frozen organic kernels. It’s a great starter dish for your favorite Tex-Mex meal. Sprinkle with scallions and blue-corn tortilla chips to tie together the south-of-the-border theme.
Dining alone? This easy-to-make “soup for one” will keep you from giving in to another instant microwaved meal or ordering expensive takeout. It comes together quickly, clean-up is a breeze and you’ll feel good knowing you’re eating fresh, whole food instead of something that came from a can.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- What You Need To Know About Learning To Use A Computer At Age 65 | Adrianb.us on 5 Skincare Tips for Women Over 40
- s on How to Make Your Own Protein Bars (It’s Easier Than You Think!)
- Pumpkin Raspberry Muffins (Gluten & Dairy Free!) | Dianna Donnely on Pumpkin Raspberry Muffins (Gluten & Dairy Free!)
- Danica on Stuck on a Treadmill? Have Fun With It
- Katie @ Vitacost on Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Muffins
Love shopping? Hop to it.