OK, you and I may not want to admit it, but fall is upon us. Even though we aren’t brandishing our bare skin in this cooler weather, we can keep our sexy summer skin – even under our sweaters. With my patented (no, not really) three-step routine of “polish-primp-pamper” you will have healthy, glowing, supple skin all season long.
Content & recipe courtesy of Pam Higgins, Certified Health Coach
Summertime is when we all look forward to longer days, spending more time outdoors, fun at the beach, vacation, BBQs and parties. All of these good times in the hot weather can really heat us up, leaving us feeling exhausted, overheated, drained, heavy and even cranky. Now is a great time to turn to some of summer’s best foods to keep the body and mind cool, light and energetic.
While cold weather is unlikely to be the direct cause of joint discomfort, the drop in pressure that accompanies dipping temperatures may aggravate pre-existing conditions (though it has yet to be proven scientifically). Protect joints from weather-related stiffness by trying out these five helpful tips:
1. Heat things up: Before you get dressed, throw your clothes in the dryer for a few minutes – toasty clothes are like a heating pad for your whole body!
2. Take cover: Dress warmly from head to toe – be sure to wear a scarf, gloves and extra-thick socks to cover your neck, hands and feet and keep them warm and comfortable, even indoors if necessary.
3. Enjoy a hot beverage: If you must venture outside, warm your body to the core by enjoying a steaming cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate.
4. Keep moving: Mobility is crucial to prevent stiff joints in any weather. If it’s too cold to exercise outside, consider taking a long stroll through your local mall.
5. Feed your joints: Eat joint-protective foods, such as fish (rich in omega-3s and vitamin D), shellfish (a source of glucosamine) and citrus fruits, which provide vitamin C (crucial for collagen production).
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Healthy Spaghetti Squash Pumpkin Alfredo | Dianna Donnely on WATCH: How to Make Pasta From Spaghetti Squash
- Sarah on Minty Hot Cocoa
- Patsy on CEO Corner: Vitacost Whole Food Line
- WATCH: Make "Pasta" From Spaghetti Squash on Cashew Cream
- Surprising Ways to Use Coconut Oil on Perfect Holiday Gift: DIY Whipped Body Butter
Love shopping? Hop to it.