Is your fridge stuffed with holiday leftovers? Here’s a tasty way to make some space. When you tire of turkey sandwiches, use what’s left from the big feast to make this hearty chili. A steaming, hot bowlful serves up 46 grams of lean protein to fuel those late-fall, early-winter workouts.
Tagged: winter recipe
No need to let a pot simmer on the stove for hours to fix that cold-weather chili craving. This healthy dish takes just about 30 minutes, calling for a simple combination of fresh, frozen and canned ingredients. Chickpeas and shrimp are added to the mix for a hearty, protein-packed chili with subtle seafood flavor.
Q: What is your favorite recipe to throw together on a cold, winter day?
Amy Marsh answers:
A: As winter weather gets underway, this is the best time to start cooking foods that comfort your soul as much as your muscles. One of our favorite cold-weather recipes is gumbo. This recipe is so simple and soothing that we probably make it once a week in the winter time. And with only 7 ingredients and a couple simple steps, it’s the ideal meal after a long, exhausting training day. Read more →
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
- Anna Dawson on 6 Smart Tips to Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Madelyn on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.