Powering through a tough workout, you’re nearing the end. And then it hits: a sharp, stabbing sensation in a muscle that halts you in your steps, maybe even causing you to double over in pain. Cramps are a nightmare—but they’re common, especially during exercise. Is there anything you can do to keep them from coming on?
Tagged: workout tips
Everyone’s busy. Still, we make time for the gym before work in the morning, squeeze in a spin class on lunch break or go for a quick run before a dinner date—and it feels great. But having to get back to the grind quickly can rob us of that energized post-workout feeling. Without time to complete our usual body-care and beauty routine, we end up feeling sloppy, stinky and no longer quite as… peppy.
Sweat…happens. It’s the sign of a great workout for many of us, although not everyone sweats the same way. Maybe you sweat less while weight training than you do during a cardio workout session. But that doesn’t mean your body isn’t working just as hard.
Now that winter is well underway, there are days when harsh weather (or an annoying cold, or sick kids or a hectic new-year schedule) will keep you from making it to the gym. But that doesn’t mean your workout plans have to be scrapped. There are many things you can do right at home to stay active and stick with your exercise routine.
Recipes & Food
Beauty & Aromatherapy
Natural Health, Family & Home
Fitness & Sports
Posts by date
- Katie @ Vitacost on New to Essential Oils? Here’s How to Get Started
- Jeanne M. Carrigan on New to Essential Oils? Here’s How to Get Started
- DIY Whipped Body Butter on Last-Minute Homemade Gift: Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Walnut-Stuffed Avocado Boats on Celebrate World Vegetarian Day with Walnut Tacos!
- Katie @ Vitacost on A No-Sweat Guide to Choosing Natural Deodorants
Love shopping? Hop to it.