These are a new twist on an old family favorite of mine. I love to bake cookies for the holidays and this organic, gluten-free version of a classic chewy holiday treat has all of the flavor and way less of the guilt.
This is a great cookie recipe to make with your kids and perfect for those all-too-popular cookie exchange parties. They are so delicious and moist (thanks to the coconut oil), no one will believe you when you tell them these cookies are gluten-free.
Organic & Gluten-Free Cranberry Cookies
Makes 3 dozen
3 organic eggs
1 cup organic dried cranberries
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups organic extra virgin coconut oil (solid form, not melted)
1 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 organic turbinado sugar
1-1/2 cups organic gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup organic gluten-free ground flax seed
2 cups gluten-free all purpose baking flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt (optional)
2 tsp. gluten-free baking soda
1 tsp. organic cinnamon
1. Combine eggs, cranberries and vanilla in small bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350 º.
3. Cream together coconut oil, tubinado sugar and brown sugar. Combine flour, flax seed, salt, cinnamon and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add dry mixture to creamed mixture. Next, mix in the egg and cranberries. Last, stir in the rolled oats. Mix well. Dough will be stiff.
4. Place spoonfuls on a baking sheet one inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Nutritional profile: 160 calories per cookie
“The Bombshell Mommy” is written by Abigail Blank, romance author and mother of three. Frozen Heart and its sequel, Melted Tears, are published under her pen name: Annabelle Blume. Got a question about how to juggle it all and still be a Bombshell? Email Abigail at email@example.com, connect with her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter @Bombshell_Mommy and look for her on Pinterest.
Latest posts by The Bombshell Mommy (see all)
- Is Your Makeup Bad for the Environment? - April 15, 2014
- Spring Greens Arugula Salad with Balsamic Dressing - April 8, 2014
- Snacking Smart: How to Feel Full With Less Food - April 1, 2014