These are a new twist on an old family favorite of mine. I love to bake cookies for the holidays and this organic, gluten-free version of a classic chewy holiday treat has all of the flavor and way less of the guilt.
This is a great cookie recipe to make with your kids and perfect for those all-too-popular cookie exchange parties. They are so delicious and moist (thanks to the coconut oil), no one will believe you when you tell them these cookies are gluten-free.
Organic & Gluten-Free Cranberry Cookies
Makes 3 dozen
3 organic eggs
1 cup organic dried cranberries
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups organic extra virgin coconut oil (solid form, not melted)
1 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 cup organic turbinado sugar
1-1/2 cups organic gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup organic gluten-free ground flax seed
2 cups gluten-free all purpose baking flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt (optional)
2 tsp. gluten-free baking soda
1 tsp. organic cinnamon
- Combine eggs, cranberries and vanilla in small bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 º.
- Cream together coconut oil, turbinado sugar and brown sugar. Combine flour, flax seed, salt, cinnamon and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add dry mixture to creamed mixture. Next, mix in the egg and cranberries. Last, stir in the rolled oats. Mix well. Dough will be stiff.
- Place spoonfuls on a baking sheet one inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Nutritional profile: 160 calories per cookie
Latest posts by The Bombshell Mommy (see all)
- Crafting With Kids: A Fun Project to Celebrate Earth Day - April 14, 2015
- 4 Beauty Mistakes That Make You Look Older - April 7, 2015
- Ditch the Boxed Rice Mixes! 2 Recipes for Naturally Flavored Grains - March 31, 2015