Going out for Valentine’s Day was always overrated, in my opinion. Sitters are hard to get, restaurants are packed, and the good dessert is always sold out. Instead of dealing with the drama of it all, I prefer to stay home and make the exact meal I want. In fact, I love to make salad and pasta, because the kids can have theirs, and then after I send them to bed, we can have a romantic dinner in peace (and I didn’t have to make two dinners). But the best part is dessert (OK, the real best part is later, but we’re focusing on food here people, don’t get sidetracked).
When it comes to dessert, it’s fun to incorporate a little spice and a lot of chocolate. I mean, it IS Valentine’s day, after all. By combining two of the most well known aphrodisiacs, organic cacao powder and chili powder, I’ve created a delicious dark chocolate, chili and goji berry (full of aphrodisiac power, too) chia seed pudding that will ignite your senses and entice your taste buds.
Organic Dark Chocolate & Chili Chia Seed Pudding
1 can (13.5 oz) organic coconut milk
1/3 cup whole white chia seeds
3 Tbsp. organic honey
3 Tbsp. organic cacao powder
1/8 tsp. organic salt-free chili powder
1 Tbsp. organic vanilla extract
1/4 cup dried organic goji berries
1. Whisk together coconut milk, honey, cacao powder and vanilla extract. Stir in chia seeds.
2. Portion mixture into glass serving dishes or dessert bowls. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
3. Warm at room temperature for 15-20 minutes and top with goji berries before serving.
(Note: For thinner consistency, allow pudding to chill for 2 hours, then serve.)
Latest posts by The Bombshell Mommy (see all)
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Growing Fresh Sprouts - April 21, 2015
- Crafting With Kids: A Fun Project to Celebrate Earth Day - April 14, 2015
- 4 Beauty Mistakes That Make You Look Older - April 7, 2015