I’m all about streamlining the morning get-ready-for-school process. With three kids and a husband who all insist they are absolutely starving the second they get out of bed, I spend time searching for a breakfast that would be easy to prepare and more filing than a bowl of cold cereal. The answer, Bombshells, is organic breakfast bakes.
These simple organic oatmeal based bakes are perfect for feeding parents and kids alike. And the flavor options are endless. From delicious dried fruits to your little one’s favorite (read: only) fresh berry, you can customize your breakfast bake to make everyone’s morning a true delight. You can even make this the night before and bake it in the morning while you are showering.
And if you need something quick for just you, I’ve got a microwavable-mug version of the recipe you can make on the quick while you’re running out the door!
Organic Oatmeal Breakfast Bake
Serves 4 to 6
1 cup organic oatmeal
¼ cup halved pecans (unsalted)
2 tsp. ground flaxseed
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup organic raw honey
1 cup organic milk
2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
1 cup organic frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, etc) OR 1 cup dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9×14 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Combine dry ingredients and pecans in large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients to combine. Add dried fruit now.
3. Spread mixture evenly in baking dish. Top with fresh or frozen fruit.
4. Bake for 40 minutes.
Morning Mug Breakfast Bake
1. Mix all ingredients in mug and microwave for 1 minute (varies by microwave).
“The Bombshell Mommy” is written by Abigail Blank, romance author and mother of three. Frozen Heart and its sequel, Melted Tears, are published under her pen name: Annabelle Blume. Got a question about how to juggle it all and still be a Bombshell? Email Abigail at firstname.lastname@example.org, connect with her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter @Bombshell_Mommy and look for her on Pinterest.
Latest posts by The Bombshell Mommy (see all)
- Inside the Mind of a Non-GMO-Obsessed Mom - October 21, 2014
- Organic Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce - October 14, 2014
- How I Helped My Dog Overcome a Mysterious Skin Issue - October 7, 2014