Pumpkin is one of my favorite fall flavors. I love almost any baked good with pumpkin in it ““ pie, muffins, bread ““ but this year I wanted to add a new recipe to my repertoire. And boy did I find it! This delicious pumpkin soufflÃ© is light, fluffy and can be made entirely organic. These individual soufflÃ©s are also a great way to change up your regular holiday menu.
Organic Pumpkin Mug SoufflÃ©
3 organic egg whites
1 can (15 oz.) organic pumpkin
1/4 cup organic brown sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
1 organic egg yolk
1/2 cup organic milk
Optional toppings: chopped pecans, whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Arrange 6-8 coffee mugs on a baking tray (line with waxed paper for quicker clean up!).
2. In a medium-sized bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, egg yolk and milk. Fold in egg whites 1/3 at a time until completely combined.
3. Fill mugs 2/3 of the way (leaving room for rising).
4. Bake for 30-45 minutes. (Note: NEVER open the oven door while baking soufflÃ©s. Use the oven light if you feel the need to monitor your soufflÃ©s.)
5. Top with chopped pecans or whipped cream and enjoy!
“The Bombshell Mommy” is written by Abigail Blank, romance author and mother of three. Frozen Heart and its sequel, Melted Tears, are published under her pen name: Annabelle Blume. Got a question about how to juggle it all and still be a Bombshell? Email Abigail at email@example.com, connect with her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter @Bombshell_Mommy and look for her on Pinterest.
Latest posts by The Bombshell Mommy (see all)
- A Veterinarian’s Advice for Choosing Natural Pet Food - April 22, 2014
- Is Your Makeup Bad for the Environment? - April 15, 2014
- Spring Greens Arugula Salad with Balsamic Dressing - April 8, 2014