Pumpkin is one of my favorite fall flavors. I love almost any baked good with pumpkin in it –pie, muffins, bread –but this year I wanted to add a new recipe to my repertoire. And boy did I find it! This delicious pumpkin souffle is light, fluffy and can be made entirely organic. These individual souffles are also a great way to change up your regular holiday menu.
Organic Pumpkin Mug Souffle
3 organic egg whites
1 can (15 oz.) organic pumpkin
1/4 cup organic brown sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
1 organic egg yolk
1/2 cup organic milk
Optional toppings: chopped pecans, whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Arrange 6-8 coffee mugs on a baking tray (line with waxed paper for quicker clean up!).
2. In a medium-sized bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, egg yolk and milk. Fold in egg whites 1/3 at a time until completely combined.
3. Fill mugs 2/3 of the way (leaving room for rising).
4. Bake for 30-45 minutes. (Note: NEVER open the oven door while baking souffles. Use the oven light if you feel the need to monitor your souffles.)
5. Top with chopped pecans or whipped cream and enjoy!
Latest posts by The Bombshell Mommy (see all)
- Ditch the Boxed Rice Mixes! 2 Recipes for Naturally Flavored Grains - March 31, 2015
- 3 Things to Focus on If You Want to Succeed - March 24, 2015
- The Puppy Predicament - March 17, 2015