Nothing says spring like the smell of lemons. Capture that citrusy essence with this recipe for Gluten-Free Blueberry Lemon Loaf from National Foundation for Celiac Awareness volunteer writer Christina Gentile.
Use fresh lemons and blueberries whenever possible. The flavors will brighten up your breakfast!
2 tbsp. lemon juice
¼ cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour an 8 x 4″ loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt together.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, and beat well. Mix in the lemon juice. Add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk.
5. Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries. Pour into prepared 8 x 4″ inch pan.
6. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. For the glaze, combine sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over the cake while it is still warm.
The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness offers Vitacost.com website visitors weekly recipes and blogs about living the gluten-free lifestyle. For more information about celiac disease and gluten-free living, visit celiaccentral.org.