If cookies are a reward, truffles must be a shameless indulgence. Put them together and what do you get? A decadent treat you can indulge in without a lick of guilt. That’s especially true if those truffle cookies are made with black beans, coconut oil and chia seeds. It’s a powerful combo of healthy-body nutrients. Consider these fudgy little favorites a snack on a mission – a mission to make your mouth water and your tummy rejoice!
Black Bean Chocolate Truffle Cookies
Recipe courtesy of Clean Wellness
Makes 12 large cookies or 24 small ones
2 cups black beans
1/3 cup agave
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp buckwheat flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor combine beans, agave or maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop out into mounds on parchment paper.
- Coat the bottom with a touch of coconut oil and press until the cookies are flat and about ½-inch thick.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until slightly crisp around the edges.
Latest posts by Allison Day (see all)
- Breakfast Risotto with Amaranth & Coconut - March 19, 2015
- Vegetarian White Bean Soup with Roasted Carrots and Garlic - March 12, 2015
- Gluten-Free Pull-Apart Cinnamon-Raisin Buns - March 5, 2015