Love carrot cake, but could live without the sky-high calorie count and artificial nonsense? This 100% raw recipe is filled with pure ingredients that will not only calm your clean-eating conscience, but satisfy your sweet tooth as well. And because it’s raw, there’s no baking required. You chop, blend, press and chill like a cucumber…er, carrot.
No-Bake Carrot Cake
1 cup carrots (chopped)
2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
¼ cup dates
1/2 cup dried shredded coconut
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
1/8 cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon almond milk
1. Place carrots in food processor and pulse until chunky.
2. Add remaining cake ingredients to food processor. Process briefly and slowly, stopping to monitor. Do not over-process. Mixture should be well-blended but still “chunky” (not a paste).
3. Press cake mixture into cake pan or square baking dish.
4. Combine icing ingredients in high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Ice cake.
6. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.