Being a vegan (or vegetarian) doesn’t mean you are condemned to boring breakfasts for the rest of your life. In fact, this Eggplant Bacon will have you beggin for more! Smoked paprika and tamari add a hint of flavor reminiscent of your carnivorous days, but without the guilt and all the healthy benefits of a plant based diet.
1. In medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients except eggplant.
2. Add eggplant slices to mixture and allow to marinate several minutes until soft/tender.
3. Transfer slices to a mesh oven tray, leaving on as much of marinade as possible. Brush remaining marinade over slices.
4. Place tray in oven warmed to 165 degrees F for one hour. Turn off oven, open door and let sit inside for an additional 30 minutes. Warm oven to 165 degrees F again and “cook” slices for another hour. Repeat this process until eggplant is crispy.
Andrew Davis is a 20-something millennial and pop culture enthusiast who enjoys juicing, playing tennis and promoting overall health and wellness. Tweet him@HeyAndrewDavis if you have questions, comments or just feel like chatting.
Latest posts by Andrew Davis (see all)
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Avalanche (Raw & Vegan) - August 22, 2014
- Raw-Vegan Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Cashew Cream - August 15, 2014
- 4-Ingredient Vanilla Chia Pudding (Raw & Vegan) - August 8, 2014