You know how it goes. Hand your baby something – anything – and there’s a 99% chance it’ll end up in her mouth. That’s why it’s important to make sure her toys and utensils (you know, the things that are supposed to go in her mouth) are safe.
Are your baby’s toys free of low-quality paints, pesticides and BPA?
A chemical found in hard plastic, BPA may disrupt reproductive health and endocrine function. Washing regular cups and utensils in the dishwasher or exposing them to other heat sources can cause BPA to leech into your child’s food or drink.
- Spill-proof, BPA-free cups: These colorful cups, made by Learning Curve, are perfect for babies and toddlers 9 months and up. They’re durable, dishwasher safe and easy for little hands to hold – plus, they’re made from BPA-free plastic. What more could you want?
- BPA-free teething toys. These gentle teethers are made with BPA and PVC-free plastic and soft on your baby’s delicate gums. The only thing you’ll have to worry about? Baby slobber!
That adorable stuffed animal may seem harmless, but it may be harboring harmful chemicals, such as pesticides. Conventional cotton is considered one of the “dirtiest” crops because of the heavy pesticide and insecticide use involved in its cultivation.
- Organic cotton toys: This playful teddy bear rattle is hypoallergenic, chemical free and made from organic cotton – grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers. Plus, your little one will love the soft, plush feel!
Toys made with low-quality paints are a concern because paint flakes and other chemicals can make it into your baby’s mouth. Some products may even contain lead-based paint, which can cause a myriad of health problems if ingested.
- Paint-free plastic: Your baby will love the colorful and interactive features of this pint-sized phone, and you’ll be glad to know it’s made from paint-free plastic – so it’s safe for mouthing.
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014