Nuggets are a meal-time favorite for many children. But what’s IN a nugget, anyway? If they came from a drive-thru or are shaped like a dinosaur, chances are they’re made with ingredients that leave you tongue-tied — such as monocalcium phosphate, dimethylpolysiloxane and ammonium bicarbonate. In fact, one popular fast food restaurant’s nugget recipe contains more than 20 different ingredients!
In honor of Meatless Monday and upcoming Food Day (October 24), here’s a vegan nugget recipe with just FIVE simple ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups mashed potatoes, cooked
- 1/3 cup cooked spinach, chopped
- ½ cup Ener-G Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- ¼ tsp Redmond Gourmet Kosher Sea Salt
- Black pepper + extra salt to taste
Preheat oven to 425 F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, lightly coat with cooking spray.
Mix together breadcrumbs and salt. In medium-sized bowl, combine potatoes and spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Use hands to form bite-sized nugget pieces. Roll each one in bread crumb mixture to coat. Place nuggets on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Serve hot, with your favorite dipping sauce!
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014