We’re halfway through Hanukkah, so now is the perfect time to pull out the potatoes and fry up everyone’s favorite treat – latkes!
This healthier version of a classic latke recipe calls for vitamin-A-rich sweet potatoes and uses a quick pan-frying method with coconut oil. The result? Deliciousness!
Crispy Coconut Sweet Potato Latkes
- 3 small to medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup sweet yellow onion, minced
- 1 tsp Frontier Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Hain Pure Foods Baking Powder
- â…› tsp FunFresh Foods Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp Vitacost Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (for frying)
1. In a large bowl, mix together grated potatoes, onion, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and egg.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then add 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
3. To form each latke, drop 2 spoonfuls of sweet potato mixture into pan and flatten to make pancake shape.
4. Cook until golden brown, approx. 3-5 minutes per side.
5. Serve warm and top with Santa Cruz Apple Cinnamon Sauce.