Sometimes “just a bite” is enough to silence a sweet tooth or tide you over until your next meal. That’s when you need these quick-to-make morsels! In a matter of minutes, you can be munching on a mini-sized dessert or wholesome snack, made with superfoods raw cacao, raw honey and flax plus a blend of healthy nut butters.
No-Bake Almond Butter-Cacao Bites
2 cups organic rolled oats
1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
1/4 cup natural powdered peanut butter + 2 Tbsp. water
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp. organic vanilla
1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
1/2 cup raisins
1. Add water to natural powdered peanut butter; mix until smooth. Combine nut butters, honey and vanilla.
2. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Stir in nut butter mixture. (Note: Add additional rolled oats as needed to achieve ideal consistency.)
3. Shape mixture into balls. Chill before serving to set.
Makes 24 bites. Nutritional information per bite: 101 calories, 4 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbs, 3 grams of protein, 10 grams of sodium, 5 grams of sugar.
Andrew Davis is a 20-something millennial and pop culture enthusiast who enjoys juicing, playing tennis and promoting overall health and wellness.
Latest posts by Andrew Davis (see all)
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Avalanche (Raw & Vegan) - August 22, 2014
- Raw-Vegan Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Cashew Cream - August 15, 2014
- 4-Ingredient Vanilla Chia Pudding (Raw & Vegan) - August 8, 2014