Celebrate Cinco de Mayo the meat-free way this year. Quesadillas, traditionally made with cheese, chicken or beef, get a vegan makeover in this recipe—and they’re just as easy (if not easier!) to make as meaty Mexican dishes. The fantastic-ness lies in the filling. Black beans and dairy-free cheese make them hearty. Tomatoes and corn make them authentic. Add spicy chipotle-chiles and fresh-squeezed lime juice…and you’ve got a fiesta for your taste buds! Enjoy.
4 8-inch tortillas
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 Tbsp. chipotle chiles, diced
1/2 can yellow corn
1 cup Teese Vegan Cheese Alternative Cheddar
4 medium tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, lime juice, scallions, corn, cumin and salt.
2. In another bowl, mash beans and stir in chiiles.
3. Top half of each tortilla with bean mixture, veggies and cheese; fold in half.
3.) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 quesadilla and cook, flipping once, until both sides are brown and crispy (1 to 2 minutes per side).
Latest posts by Andrew Davis (see all)
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Avalanche (Raw & Vegan) - August 22, 2014
- Raw-Vegan Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Cashew Cream - August 15, 2014
- 4-Ingredient Vanilla Chia Pudding (Raw & Vegan) - August 8, 2014