Pad thai isn’t exactly hard to find — pick up the phone, pick up your order. But if you want a mind-blowingly delicious dish, look no further than your kitchen. This veggie-packed variation of the classic Asian fave is made with a spicy coconut-peanut sauce that will give anyone’s taste buds a kick. Best of all, it’s 100% vegan and gluten free.
Vegan Coconut-Peanut Pad Thai
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
4 small carrots, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ onion, sliced
1 piece ginger root, finely chopped
1 cup mushrooms
4 bok choy leaves, chopped
6 scallions, finely chopped
1 cup snow peas
Brown rice pad thai noodles
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
½ tsp. cumin
Pinch of red pepper flakes
½ cup vegan pad thai sauce
2-3 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. rice vinegar
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add red, yellow and green pepper, garlic, onion, ginger and carrots. Cook until veggies have softened, about 10 minutes
2. Add peanut butter, coconut oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, pad thai sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar; stir to evenly coat veggies.
3. Mix in snow peas, scallions, mushrooms and bok choy; cover and simmer over low heat.
4. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
5. In a large bowl, combine veggies and drained noodles; stir well to blend.
Andrew Davis is a 20-something millennial and pop culture enthusiast who enjoys juicing, playing tennis and promoting overall health and wellness. Tweet him@HeyAndrewDavis if you have questions, comments or just feel like chatting.
Latest posts by Andrew Davis (see all)
- Carrot & Coriander Hummus - August 29, 2014
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Avalanche (Raw & Vegan) - August 22, 2014
- Raw-Vegan Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Cashew Cream - August 15, 2014