Crumbly, too sweet…wait, are these stale? If you’ve bitten into your fair share of gluten-free snacks, you’ve likely come across cookies that break into bits as soon as you touch them or bread that tastes a couple weeks old. That’s why I’ve taken it upon myself to scour the markets and score what are arguably the tastiest gluten-free finger foods around. I know. It’s a tough job, but somebody’s got to do it!
My 10 favorite gluten-free snacks:
1. Food Should Taste Good Tortilla Chips — Everyone should have a handful of salty, crunchy chips once in a while. These are made from veggies (like sweet potatoes and peppers), spices and sea salt. The Jalapeno flavor is like salsa’s significant other – so good!
2. Ener-G Light White Rice Loaf Bread – Good (I stress the word “good”) gluten-free bread is a hard find. Ener-G has proven to be a good brand, especially when I spread Wild Friends Vanilla Espresso Almond Butter on a slice.
3. Bakery On Main Granola — Granola is one of my favorite foods, but the gluten really upsets my stomach. Luckily, I’ve discovered Bakery On Main, which is not only gluten free but dairy free and trans fat free. I love this brand so much that I stocked up on their oatmeal and several of the granola flavors (Nutty Cranberry Maple = YUM!).
4. Angie’s Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn — I LOVE kettle corn! If you couldn’t tell by the near-empty bag, this is my new favorite snack find.
5. Blue Diamond Natural Almond Nut-Thins — My parents served these for a dinner party once and that’s all it took for me to fall in love. I usually don’t like nut or rice crackers, but Blue Diamond has several tasty flavors: Cheddar Cheese, Country Ranch and Hint of Sea Salt to name a few.
6. 479 Degrees Sea Salt Caramel Artisan Popcorn — Because kettle corn isn’t always sweet enough for me, 479 Degrees offers a dessert-like, gourmet snack. I’m looking forward to trying their other flavors when I see them back in stock on Vitacost.com.
7. Vitacost Dark Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans — Because these are super strong, I only need a few to satisfy my sweet tooth – the perfect dessert! Plus, any food coated in chocolate is going to be good which leads me to…
8. Vitacost Organic Dark Chocolate Almonds — Organic, dark chocolate, healthy nuts…did I mention dark chocolate? Yeah, these are delicious!
9. Vitacost Organic Harvest Trail Mix — A bag of this mix is almost always on hand, because it’s an easy-to-eat snack you can enjoy any time! There are several nut, fruit and seed mixes, but this one is my favorite. I prefer my trail mix to be a bit salted. I know, I know; it’s not the healthiest, but it sure makes it taste better!
10. KIND Plus Cranberry Almond + Antioxidants — Because most of their flavor combos are under 200 calories, KIND makes the perfect snack bar. If you want more of a meal replacement, Rise Foods Protein Bars get two thumbs up!
Which gluten-free snacks do you enjoy? Leave your recommendations in the comments below.
Latest posts by Vlog with Kendra (see all)
- How to Create a Morning Skincare Routine for a Flawless Face - January 23, 2015
- Vitacost Haul: Head-to-Toe Body Care Products - January 16, 2015
- DIY Oil Cleansing How-To - January 9, 2015