Growing up I was anything but healthy. Soda drinker, fast food consumer, microwaver-of-everything — and when it came to exercise, let’s just say I could barely spell the word. Over time I realized that the decisions I made here and now not only impacted my short-term future, but my health and well-being down the road as well.
Today, my savings account may not be stuffed, but all the extra money and time spent on healthy choices is an investment in my future that’s definitely worth it.
1. Wear sunscreen. You might think that tan looks good now,
but wrinkled skin is never in style.
2. Frozen dinners may be easy to make,
but have you ever really looked at those nutrition labels? Holy sodium!
3. Soda sucks. Period. Drop it like a bad habit.
4. Veggies are actually pretty good after all.
(Have you ever tried juicing? #obsessed)
5. Feeling down? Exercise lifts your spirit.
Get off your rear and get your booty in gear! Really though, go run around.
6. There may be a microwave in your home, but that doesn’t mean you need to use it.
7. Cat nap, disco nap, power nap, siesta. Need I say more?
8. Iced coffee is the most underrated invention of the 20th century.
9. Beer bellies are real, and although vodka may look like water,
it has a lot more calories than you may think.
Everything in moderation, right?
10. Hummus belongs on the food pyramid, right under guacamole.
Try mixing the two together for a powerhouse of yumazingness.
Andrew Davis is a 20-something millennial and pop culture enthusiast who enjoys juicing, playing tennis and promoting overall health and wellness. Tweet him @HeyAndrewDavis if you have questions, comments or just feel like chatting.