The warmer weather of spring brings many good things – blooming flowers, outdoor activities — and some not-so-great things, like mosquitoes, gnats and fleas.
Protect yourself against those pesky pests with these natural insect repellents:
1. Herbal sprays: Pests despise certain herbal extracts, so they’re the perfect way to protect yourself from head-to-toe. Unlike conventional products, herbal sprays are made without the use of DEET and other chemicals, so they’re safe for kids and adults alike. Try Burt’s Bees Herbal Insect Repellent, which is powered by a pleasant combination of citronella, lemongrass and soybean oils.
2. Bug-be-gone balms: If you prefer your insect repellent in solid form, you’ll love Badger Anti-Bug Balm. Just dab this thick paste-like product onto exposed areas to keep the bugs from biting. It even comes in a super-cute portable tin.
3. Pest-repelling bands: Strap a BugBand Insect Repelling Band on your wrist, ankle, backpack or tent to create a bug-free zone. Made with a powerful pest-repelling extract of geranium oil, each BugBand lasts up to 120 hours.
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014