We’re hopping with great ideas for a healthy Easter. From what to put in that adorable Easter basket to what to make for Easter dinner, we hope you’re as excited as we are about that hippity-hoppity time for year.
For those who don’t have children and miss the excitement of Easter baskets, we’ve got a special tip, too: Think of someone older – perhaps a neighbor or relative? – who you could charm and delight with an Easter basket to brighten their day.
Easter Basket Bounty
Here are our tip-top tips on what to put in that Easter basket:
- Replace that milk chocolate Easter bunny with a healthy dark chocolate treat. Made with all-natural ingredients, Kind Plus Dark Chocolate bars are the perfect swap:
- If it’s Easter, it’s time for jelly beans. We’re delighted to recommend an organic version from Surf Sweets.
- Individual boxes of raisins make a great treat for that Easter basket. Go organic with Tree of Life Organic California Seedless Raisins.
- “I’m thirsty!” Along with those treats, provide healthy juice boxes, such as the adorably packaged kid-appealing Apple And Eve Apple Organic Juice.
Easter Dinner Delights
What’s for dinner on Easter? We’ve got your full menu, from soup to nuts:
- Soup for starters is a great way to fill up (not out). Spice it up with Amy’s Fire Roasted Southwestern Vegetable Organic Soup.
- For something different, replace rice or potatoes with quinoa.
- Consider the benefits of lean protein, such as turkey breast, chicken breast or salmon. With it, offer a big salad and choice of healthy salad dressings, such as Annie’s Naturals.
- To finish off the meal, provide Prince of Peace organic green tea:
- And for that final, relaxing nibble-around-the-table end of meal, try something different with a large plate of assorted fresh fruit and a bowl of mixed nuts or assorted nuts, seeds and fruits, such as Enjoy LIfe Mixed, Nuts Seeds & Fruit.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 5 Expert Tips for Warding Off Holiday Weight Gain - November 24, 2014
- 4 Ideas for a Healthier Thanksgiving Gravy - November 17, 2014
- What to Eat, What to Skip If You’re Dieting This Thanksgiving - November 10, 2014