Uh oh, sounds like allergy seasons is upon us. This year, keep the sniffling and sneezing at bay by following these easy tips to avoid both outdoor and indoor triggers.
1. Visit your doctor or allergist to find out what you’re allergic to – that way you’ll know exactly what to avoid!
2. Check the pollen forecast for your area. Hide inside when levels are high.
3. Keep windows and doors closed during peak pollen seasons.
4. Mow often and keep weeds at bay. Clean gutters regularly. (Or pay the neighbor kid to do it.)
5. Take a shower and change your clothes after spending time outside.
1. Use an air filter to clear out pet dander, dust and other common allergens.
2. Use allergen-proof covers on mattresses and pillows.
3. Choose tile or wood floors over carpeting. If you have carpets, be sure to vacuum them often.
5. For damp spaces (like creepy basements), use a dehumidifier to prevent mold formation.
6. Resist those puppy eyes. Keep pets off beds and furniture, but if you want them cuddled up next to you, try a gentle cleansing with Tropiclean Oxy Med Allergy Relief Wipes.
7. Wash drapes and sheets often.
For those spring allergens you can’t avoid, there are a variety of natural and over-the-counter options that may offer relief. Be sure to check with your healthcare provider before starting a new supplement.