Want to create your own simple, natural first aid kit for home and travel? These eight herbs are a great place to start.
1. Aloe vera: Provides soothing relief from minor burns, scrapes and other irritations. Cools and moisturizes.
3. Calendula: Can have a calming effect on muscle spasms and soreness, as well as minor skin irritations.
4. Elderberry: Also known as sambucus, this herb can be used topically to soothe minor burns and scrapes. Packed with vitamin C, elderberry is also a popular tea for calming sore throats and supporting the body’s normal immune function.
5. Citronella: Ward off pesky pests with a homemade repellent that contains diluted citronella essential oil.
6. Ginger: For minor motion sickness and tummy upset, ginger capsules or tea can be especially helpful.
7. Lavender: Tame minor headaches or occasional tension by breathing in the aroma of lavender essential oil.
8. Witch Hazel: Be sure to have witch hazel on hand, as it can function as a base for diluting essential oils. Its natural astringent properties also make it helpful for insect bites and irritations.
Did we miss something? Share your favorite natural first-aid tips with us here!