While there’s no magic gizmo that will completely erase your wrinkles or help you lose 10 pounds overnight, there are many convenient contraptions that can make your life a little healthier – and maybe a little easier, too! Check them out:
1. Pedometer: So you want to exercise more, but you’re not sure where to start. How about with a single step – or two, three, maybe a few thousand? A pedometer is a great way to keep track of your movement. Set a goal to reach 10,000 steps per day – it’s not as hard as it sounds!
2. Water bottle: All that walking will definitely leave you thirsty, so be prepared with your very own water bottle. Water is essential to life, but it’s also a great way to keep your tummy feeling full when you’re tempted to snack, and it’s also a good, healthy alternative to a sugary soda (just add cucumber slices for a refreshing zing). No matter where you’re headed, bring along a BPA-free water bottle to keep your body hydrated.
3. Air purifier: Thought you were safe from pollution once you shut the front door? The truth is, the air inside your home may be up to 10 times more polluted than the air outdoors! An air purifier can help eliminate allergens, odors, pollutants and other icky particles floating around your home – now that’s a breath of fresh air! (wink)
4. Diffuser: After a long day at the office, turn to your essential oil diffuser for the perfect way to tame tension. Breathe in a burst of lavender, chamomile, basil, bergamot, ylang ylang, peppermint or geranium — these are all scents that can curb stress and help you unwind.
5. Nasal irrigator: It sounds… well, gross… but it’s actually quite helpful, especially for those whose sinuses are less than cooperative. Nasal irrigators are easy to use — just fill up your container (typically a small pot or squeeze bottle) with warm water and special non-iodized salt, tilt your head down and slightly to one side, filling one nasal cavity with solution and allowing it to drain out the other nostril. Ahhh, now you can breathe easy!