It’s vacation season! Before you hit the highway (or the skies) this summer, consider these four tips to help protect your health:
1. Be Prepared: Pack any and all necessary medications or dietary supplements, plus basic health supplies, including sunscreen, insect repellent and first aid items like bandages, over-the-counter pain meds, and ointment for burns and scrapes. Bring extra medication and supplies in case your travel plans change and be sure to pack them in your carry-on for quick and easy access.
2. Stay Clean: Wash your hands frequently when traveling, especially after coming into contact with shared surfaces in airports, train stations, rest stops and restaurants. Pack antibacterial hand gel so you can sanitize on-the-go if necessary.
3. Sleep Tight: Don’t let the bed bugs bite! If you’re staying in a hotel, do a quick check of your mattress and headboard for any signs of insects. Keep your luggage off the floor and furniture to avoid bringing any bugs home with you.
4. Keep Moving: During a long trip, it’s important to get up, stretch and move around every once in awhile to keep your blood circulating. If you’re traveling by car, schedule frequent stops to let everyone get out and move around. If you’re traveling by plane and can’t get up, try stretching your legs, arms and torso once every hour to keep from getting stiff.
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014