There are limitless organic non-food products available for purchase, including make-up, cleaning products, paper goods, furniture and toys. In these tough economic times, we often have to choose which organic products we will buy. Below is a list of products that you should consider buying organic whenever possible:
• Natural Soap Products: Organic skin soaps are made from natural ingredients such as oatmeal, aloe, honey and lavender. They are plant-based and free of drying chemicals and preservatives.
• Laundry Detergent: Organic laundry detergents contain natural, plant-based cleaning agents, free of toxic chemicals/phosphorus/bleach, and are often hypo-allergenic.
• Dishwasher Soap: Organic dishwasher soaps are made from natural, non-toxic, plant based ingredients which are biodegradable, breaking down into mineral salts, oxygen, and water.
• Toilet Cleaners: Regular toilet cleaning products use toxic petrochemicals as well as synthetic perfumes and dyes, all of which can pollute our waterways when flushed away.
• Sun Block: Regular sunblock includes parabens, synthetic preservatives, which are absorbed by the skin.
• BPA-free Water Bottle: Reduce plastic waste in landfills and keep your body BPA free. Bisphenol-A (BPA), found in polycarbonate plastics, is an endocrine disruptor that may affect reproduction and brain development. It can leach into foods and liquids and mimics estrogen when absorbed by the human body.
• Skin Moisturizers: Organic moisturizers use plant-based ingredients and are free of parabens, perfumes, colorants, alcohols and preservatives.
• Reusable Shopping Bags: If you haven’t done it already, it’s really time to get some reusable shopping bags to cut down on our plastic waste!
So when buying organic, buy wisely and do your research first! Your wallet will thank you for it!