What’s waiting for YOU on Monday morning – is it a pile of paperwork? An endless list of errands? Whatever your situation, the (unofficial) start of the week can bring plenty of unpleasant stress.
If you’re suffering from a “case of the Mondays,” try these easy stress relief techniques:
1. Start on a high note. To get over the initial oh-no-the-weekend’s-over shock, schedule something enjoyable first thing Monday morning – whether it’s a yoga class at the gym or a particularly pleasant task at work. You’ll be less likely to wake up stressed if you’re looking forward to the activity, and your positive attitude will help you be more productive throughout the day.
2. Smile. Just the simple act of smiling has a major effect on stress – in a good way, of course! Even if you don’t feel like grinning, you might be surprised to know that a fake smile has the same benefits as a real one – including improved mood.
3. Give yourself a break. Whether you’re stuck behind a desk or dealing with unhappy co-workers or customers, it’s important to take a timeout every once in awhile. Get up, stretch and walk around. Breathe deeply and re-focus your energy on positive thoughts. As little as 2-3 minutes is enough to relieve stress and recharge your batteries!
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014