Has it been “one of those days?” You know, the ones where you end up with frizzy hair, half-bitten nails, and an uncontrollable urge to scream at the top of your lungs?
In honor of Stress Awareness Month, here are five surprising (and easy!) ways to fight that all-too-familiar frazzled feeling.
1. Power down. Emails, text messages and calls can wait. Help your mind wind down by disconnecting from the outside world. Even if it’s just for 15 minutes, powering down your phone and computer can be, well, empowering!
2. Oil up. Want to smell away your stress? Dab a drop of essential oil on your wrist or temples. Lavender oil, bergamot and ylang ylang are especially effective.
3. Have pun. Reader’s Digest was right – laughter IS the best medicine. Surf the web for some hilarious puns – or if you’re out and about, browse the greeting card aisle to perk up your mood with a little groan-inducing humor.
4. Take a hike. Literally! Go for a walk around the block to release pent-up stress and aggression. Crunched for time? Even meandering for 5 minutes may be enough to take your mind off what’s stressing you out.
5. Crunch away the crazies. Take your tension out on your food – by mashing your teeth into some crunchy fare. Of course, try to choose healthy foods like crispy carrot sticks, whole-wheat crackers or almonds.
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Natural Easter Egg Dyes - April 18, 2014
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Natural Sunscreen - April 13, 2014
- The Ultimate Superfood Smoothie - April 1, 2014