Summer is right around the corner, which means school will be getting out soon, or maybe you’re in the midst of planning that annual beach vacation. We all tend to spend more time outdoors this time of year, and plenty of events are scheduled to enjoy the warmer weather. Before you know it, your calendar will be booked and you’ll be headed to barbecues every weekend or following through with those plans to clean out the garage or start a garden.
Summer comes and goes in a flash, and there’s only so much time to pack in all the fun. Why not slow down the pace instead of speeding it up? Take the time to relax, unwind and really savor the season. Think about how much you get up and go every day of the week and ask yourself—is it time for a change?
Slowing down allows us to recharge our bodies and our minds. You’ll be better able to let go of any stress or tension that may be throwing your health off balance. This will result in smiling more often, better moods, less cravings, less aches and fewer pains. Get centered. Think about what is serving you in your daily life for growth, and release those things that no longer serve you.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to let go of stress and tension:
- Spend time outside daily – start your morning with a daily walk or an outdoor yoga session
- Give yourself quiet time and space with yourself daily – start with five minutes
- Allow space in your calendar to do absolutely nothing – ease tension by not having to do something or be somewhere every minute of the day
- Give thanks for all the good in your life and release anything negative that does not serve you
- Nourish yourself with real, whole foods
Latest posts by Pamela Higgins (see all)
- Summer Watermelon & Mango Sorbet - July 24, 2014
- Non-GMO Recipe: Chocolate-Glazed Buckwheat Granola - July 19, 2014
- 5 Ways a Summer Picnic Supports Your Health + What to Pack - July 17, 2014