One of the joys of winter weather: Curling up on the couch with a good book, a cuddly pet and a steaming cup of tea. With all the different types of tea around, how do you choose the right one? Green teas have come into the spotlight recently. They’re high in antixoidants and delicate in flavor, making them a great choice morning, noon or night.
Ready to go green with tea? Here are some suggestions:
1. Yogi Kombuch Herbal Green Tea includes plum flavors for sweetness, spearmint for zing and lemongrass for tartness. The result is a tea that is ideal for after a meal.
2. Sometimes less is more. Plain, organic green tea is great for accompanying your breakfast or for that mid-afternoon slump when you want a warm beverage with a cookie. At those times, try Prince of Peace Organic Green Tea.
3. Do you have problems with insomnia? Be sure to avoid caffeine after noon. But that doesn’t mean you have to forego your green tea. Choose a caffeine-free brand, such as Yogi Organic Caffeine-Free Herbal Green Tea.
4. Feeling like you’re catching a cold or ate too much? Ginger can help. Try it in green tea form with Traditional Medicinals Organic Green Tea With Ginger.
5. It’s cold outside, and you’re dreaming of the tropics. Add some flavor to those dreams with a green tea that’s flavored with tropical fruit and pineapple bits: Mighty Leaf Tropical Green Tea.
6. If you’re trying to cut down on calories but craving something sweet, try chai green tea. Add unsweetened almond milk and stevia to Salada Chai Spice Green Tea.
7. Seeking a tea to accompany dessert? Try a peachy solution: Bigelow Tea Green Tea with Peach.
Joanne Eglash, Vitacost.com’s Diet Diva, has a master of science in holistic nutrition and more than 15 years experience as a nutrition consultant, blogger, author and journalist. She has written for a wide range of publications and websites, including ediets.com, Natural Health magazine, Shape magazine, Success magazine, Energy for Women and Chefs. Joanne is currently the national Diets columnist for the online news and entertainment site, Examiner.com, and a features food columnist for Yahoo.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- Beat Belly Bloat: Flattening Your Stomach Without Shapewear - October 20, 2014
- Healthy Snacks to Take to Work When You’re Dieting - October 13, 2014
- 4 Guilt-Free Comfort Foods for Colder Weather - October 6, 2014