If your arches are aching or your tootsies are throbbing, it’s time to sit down and take a load off! Here are some easy, quick steps you can take to treat your feet:
1. Soak them. Immersing your feet in warm water can help soothe minor aches and pains. The addition of Epsom salt can also produce a soothing effect. Alternating between hot and cold water can stimulate your nerves and wake up tired feet.
2. Prop them up. After a long day of standing or walking, fluids can collect in your feet. Prop them up about a foot or so above your head to allow these fluids to flow back into the body.
3. Massage them. Don’t have the time or money to get a massage? You can easily do this at home by yourself. Just press your foot down on a tennis ball or other small, soft rubber ball and move it all over, from your heel to the ball of your foot. This can help relax overworked muscles.
4. Keep them soft & smooth. If your feet are sporting dry, dead skin, you might want to use a pumice stone to remove it. To keep them soft and smooth, use a special foot lotion, moisturizer or cream.
5. Check for serious conditions. If your foot pain may be caused by a fungus, bunion or other abnormal condition, it’s a good idea to get it checked out by a doctor.